Are you sure this is the page you want?
This is not the current version.
The NetHack DevTeam is happy to announce the release of NetHack 3.6.3.
NetHack 3.6.3 is the official release of NetHack that follows NetHack 3.6.2.
Here's a synopsis of over 190 bug fixes and over 22 game enhancements
and community contributions made since the release of 3.6.2 in May 2019:
- Fixed stale 'thrownobj' pointer for returning thrown aklys while engulfed
- Fixed uarmh null pointer dereference if a helm of opposite alignment came
off due to being polymorphed
- Fixed 'object lost' panic when attempting to crawl of of the water during
- Running now stops when moving over engravings so you can tell where
- Fixed detection of unseen/secret doors which failed to find monsters hiding
under objects and failed to find monsters hiding at trap locations
- Ensured fatal status conditions made it to disclosure and/or dumplog
- Fixed "Bad fruit #N" warnings when saving bones with 'perm_invent' On
- Fixed it so yellow dragons don't have green breath
- Added several grammar corrections
- Improved recognition of deafness for several situations including the
playing of musical instruments and bribing negotiations with demon lords
- Fixed ignoring of god's wrath when hero injured himself during altar kick
- Fixed several cases where persistent inventory window was not updated
- Fixed temple priests or shopkeepers moving over other monsters
- Fixed a crash-causing bug when putting on levitation boots over a sink
- Ensured that thrown or kicked objects will end up in bones
- Made water go all the way to the edges of level on the Plane of Water
- Made clouds disrupt line of sight along the edges of the Plane of Air
- Improved and expanded usage of status highlighting percentage rules
- Added more than 15 improvements and fixes to the curses window port
- Added and documented significant changes to default directory choices for
the Windows platform
- Improved the layout and display of the player selection dialog used on the
Windows graphical implementation
- Improved performance of some tty versions by reducing the number of
function calls made from mapglyph
- Allowed the msdos implementation to build with curses and PDCurses
- Over 100 other fixes and improvements
All of the fixes have been incrementally published on the public Git
repository for the game. A more complete list can be found in the game's
sources in doc/fixes36.3. As usual, a warning that some entries in that
file may also be "spoilers".
As with all releases of the game, we appreciate your feedback. Please
submit any bugs using the problem report form. Also, please check the
"known bugs" list before you log a problem - somebody else may have
already found it.
Hosted courtesy of alt.org.
NetHack is Copyright 1985-2019 by Stichting Mathematisch Centrum
and M. Stephenson. See
our license for details.
This site is Copyright 1999-2019 by Kenneth Lorber, Kensington, Maryland.